View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabulous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the rare drop of a rare spawn. The line depends entirely on when you can dedicate the time to camping it. If you head there at the wee hours of the morning on a weekday there might be no list at all. Going there at primetime on the other hand would a waste of time unless you have a minimum of 24-30 straight hours to dedicate to it. I've seen people go 20-30 hours without a single boot drop so if you're maybe 3rd or more on the list you're either going to need people ahead of you to bail or a huge amount of luck to get them before the sleep monster gets you.
Quoted for Truth. I remember back at release I must have pulled 18 or so hours waiting for the spawn. I get the big fella (AC route) close to 50% hp and the server's top lvl 50 Warrior jumps on in to steal the kill <- turns out the player hired out his Warrior toon to others for RL cash to players with special and difficult tasks in mind. I think I quit EQ not too long after. These days I am easier going.
Last edited by Purplefluffy; 11-05-2019 at 01:31 PM..