View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why aren’t shamans charm killing until atleast 40? With canni heals sow and charm animal i would have a field day
I don’t think many leveling shamans even think about doing so to be honest. I enjoyed charming on my shaman a lot until the final spell (stops around the level of hunting the higher level of OT) is no longer viable. Charming on the shaman I always found most profitable duoing with a ranger/Druid for longer duration snare. I did have some success with a dedicated healing cleric and once with an enchanter.

With the buffs, regen, heal and slows a shaman brings to the table, it’s much more efficient to buff and heal a pet and snag a partner a bit lower level than yourself and just split the cost with a person vs losing half to the pet. Rangers (especially non twink) are generally happy for the opportunity and I just had them chain pull while I babysat the pet. Ensnare on breaks and toss piddly ranger heals. If Druid I’d ask them to do similar on top of finding a pet if their own. This allowed me to keep my Med and canni-dance time as high as possible for recharge slows and heals.

Done properly charming is much faster than melee soloing or root rotting and it doesn’t take much gear. It’s doable naked.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-19-2019 at 09:23 AM..