View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:29 PM
Kobold

No, my druid charming was done on the Al'Kabor server which was a Sony server that was essentially EQ circa November 2002 as far as mechanics goes. Not to be confused with The Al'Kabor Project which is the emu I help to develop. I'm sure p99 devs took a lot of data from Al'Kabor when it was up; it's the most legitimate source the emus had for a long time.

Unless Al'Kabor's server code is leaked, you're not going to get definitive answers. We can only make best guesses. (even then charm could have been changed between 1999 and 2002) I spent a lot of time parsing AK logs to get average charm durations to compare with logic that we've implemented on our server. I favor log data above comments and even dev posts.

I spent a great deal of time working on EQ mechanics and collecting data on Live servers. I can say that much of the underlying logic was left intact and that Sony tended to build on top of it instead of scraping it and redoing it. (although lately they tend to be changing more of it) It wouldn't surprise me if charm's CHA modifiers had remained the same all these years-- particularly when the dev says the cap is 200 still.