View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Eh, I don't think perma-rooting is such a simple solution. The problem is that EQ's mechanics simply don't support good guild v guild competition. What would happen is guilds starting a huge train of all of North Temple and then running in. Which would be good theater but it would also result in a massive stream of petitions. To me the only way to really solve this problem is to eliminate the direct competition.

One random idea that I just had: how about a race rotation with soccer league style promotion/relegation? Example: CSG enters the 'NTOV' league. They decide to start their raid at 4PM and they finish Vulak at 2AM, 10 hours later, as league rules require fighting all dragons directly on their spawn points. Meanwhile Aftermath finishes their clear in 5 hours and Awakened in 6. So CSG would be relegated to the previous league (city leaders?) and Aftermath would be promoted to the next league (Dozekar/PoG/Statue probably).

This would create some really fun mechanics, like say Awakened beats Aftermath in clear time for the loot pinata group, thus demoting them to NTOV, and then focuses on beating their times in the NTOV group so they can never promote back, except eventually they wipe while breaking in to NTOV too quickly vs 3 flurry drakes leading to massive nerdrage. It also has the advantage of keeping rotations small, because if your guild is too small you'll never be able to kill quickly enough. A lot would depend on the details of the rules I guess.