View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, same prob, though maybe worse. Last year I was on grand creation, when I bought a new card and monitor. I switched from ATI to Geforce and eq didn’t like it at all. Running xp with Geforce 8400 at 1280x720. First, whenever I start eq, it always washes the screen out, like higher contrast but poor color (to desktop). Second, the pointer was moving too fast horizontally while vertical was too slow. I just reinstalled and that seems to have been corrected with the pointer. But still the washout and when I try to switch to full screen it gives the Fail error as you mentioned.

It’s not 10yr old, but from 2005, as it’s the Titanium box. So updated to then, but not current enough now I guess. Since the /mouse/pointer works, plan to keep it installed, but the washout is the nasty part as I need to reboot/hibernate to reset the color.

I might try the unsupported client-update-expansion version some time, maybe that will resolve it. I'm using my old Titanium box. I mean if the update works... don't know it's problems here at this point, if it's worth it compared to this existing problem.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-15-2010 at 05:39 PM..