View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it anything like Wizards (also a Bakshi)? Because I <3 old fantasy animation like Last Unicorn, The Hobbit, and Flight of the Dragons, but Wizards was ... that movie was just nuts.
Yes and no!

Its more like wizards, if wizards was trying to take itself 100% seriously.

Same director though! So it is very weird.

I watched an interview with him once regarding the animated Lord of the Rings movie, that he directed as well, where he said a homeless person came into his garage studio and said, "I hear you make animation. I want make animate." Like with that weird broken English. And he said "Hell yes!" (because he is nuts like Brad Mquaid) and gave her a scene to work on, I later watched the movie and was like, oh yeah that scene was at a tavern where orcs and stuff were singing.

Im pretty sure I found that scene, the orcs like morph into different shapes like the artist was on acid lol its totally insane.

So yeah your assessment of his movies is 100% accurate haha they are made by people who are nuts.

I appreciate them for a lot of the same reasons I love classic everquest though.