Thread: This is Dumb
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tested out SK aggro with a friendly group of lowbies in Highkeep.

Me: lvl 60 SK
Them: lvl 20s to low-30s

I tested Disease Cloud, Shadow Vortex, and Shroud of Hate (our former most powerful aggro spells) on both incoming mobs and mobs which had been locked down by the group until sub-90% hp, thinking incoming aggro gank would be a sure thing and the sub-90% mobs would be the real test.

NOPE.

Couldn't even pull aggro on incoming mobs BEFORE they reached the camp.

To reiterate... Level 60 SK spamming DC, SV, and SoH cannot pull aggro from non-SK players OR pets less than HALF my level on mobs which haven't even made it to camp yet.

Obviously we don't need to go further on this. SK's are completely broken and useless now. Our aggro is non-existent. Okay... so let's talk about classic vs. non-classic.

I read the evidence of the DC aggro nerf. It was a post-Velious nerf and Luclin introduced the "Terror" line of spells to make sure that SK's were still the aggro gods.

So where is our DC replacement then? EQ live always very clearly intended on knights being able to snap aggro, with SK's being superior to Paladins in this department. This stayed true throughout the ENTIRE live timeline, through present day. There has never been another class which can out-aggro an SK. It NEVER. HAPPENED. ON. LIVE.

When they nerfed DC, it broke, leading to other unintended consequences (irrelevant to aggro), and they introduced the terror line to make up for it. SK's never lost their status as the top hate producers. Yet here we are on P99, unable to snap aggro from players or pets half our level...

Since we're not going into Luclin, where the terror line exists, this patch needs to be completely undone. Not fixed again, not tweaked, just completely rolled back. It goes against the entire timeline of EQ live to nerf SK aggro without a replacement spell. Please roll back this aggro patch. The game was working fine. And the nerfs which happened on live were also a mistake which was completely remedied in Luclin. We don't have that remedy to look forward to, so leaving aggro in a broken state will only ruin P99 for many players, especially SK's.
It scales with mob hp. Pull a 40s mob with that same group of people and you will keep aggro.