View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Kobold

It really depends on your level, the mobs you're fighting, your gear, and personal preference. I would encourage you to try them out for yourself to see which you prefer and/or which is most efficient. That being said, if you have decent gear for your level, alternating between face tanking and pet tank would probably be best.

Personally, when I was leveling killing Faerie Dragons (the 4 on the east side) and then Goos in Wakening Lands I tried the following:

1) Face Tanking (At lower levels this is what I mostly did when soloing, but I found it was no longer effective. The melee damage I dealt wasn't worth the amount of damage I took.)
2) Pet Tanking (I found was also no longer effective. Pet was too squishy.)
3) Enstill > Epic dot > disease dot > poison dot > med/canni (I didn't see any point to this method if you have JBB. If you're gonna go this route I'd do multiple targets at once.)
4) Enstill > Epic dot > poison dot > JBB spam (Kills fast, but had to canni while waiting on spawns)
5) Enstill > Epic dot > JBB spam (extremely mana efficient and can pretty much kill continuously without stopping, but kills somewhat slowly)
6) Enstill > Epic dot > poison dot > JBB spam, but weaving Canni in between each JBB (A little more tedious, but kills faster than 5 and doesn't have downtime canni spamming like 4. Probably the most efficient method for killing one at a time.)
7) Number 3, but with multiple targets. (I found this method rather tedious, so I haven't used it a lot, but it seems to be pretty efficient.)

When I'm killing higher level things I found malo to be rather useful; but for FDs and Goos I didn't find it was worth the extra mana as having to canni it back in between spawn wasn't worth the effort. Also, I had a pet out to finish off runners(except when dotting multiples). For goos I would haste my pet as well to kill the little goos faster.