View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I have not heard a single person object to renaming level 1 toons who haven't been played in awhile and who have <5 pp and no No Drop items except from newbie zones. Heck, I haven't even heard anyone be against deleting such toons, or just renaming any level 1s that haven't been played in awhile.

I really think there's a true community consensus that we should at least go that far.
Uh, mmmm, there have been plenty of posts against the idea of any kind of wipe. Deleting characters is a serious step, and to do so just to free up names, when a character name is really irrelevant to the gaming experience, I am totally against.

BUT, I would be ok with a narrowly defined wipe. Only characters meeting the following criteria:

1) Level 1, AND
2) inactive for over a year, AND
3) only in possession of the items a character gets upon creation, i.e. the no drop food and drink, the guild note, and the noobie weapon

Also, there would need to be system messages in game, for at least a week or more before the purge, giving notice to players so that they can take appropriate measures if they want to avoid having their alts deleted