View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's strange to me this even still a debate. It wasn't tolerated on live, a P99 GM said in this thread not to do it, the rules say not to do it.

There is a debate about what constitutes significant enough...
There isn't really a "debate", just a few people who want to be able to ninja loot and not get in trouble for doing it, making noise.

While they may talk big in the forums, and maybe they'll even act big in-game sometimes (based on the assumption that no player would petition them over something they consider insignificant) .... if they actually do ninja loot the wrong lowbie's stuff and get petitioned, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they'll face a suspension.

The "significant" bit is there, like much of the stuff in the rules, to give the staff leeway. If some new player doesn't know any better and loots someone else's item, the staff has discretion: they don't have to suspend that person if they consider the looted item "insignificant". But like all the rules the emphasis is on the staff member's definition of the word's meaning, not the player's.

As I said on page 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to get all lawyerly you can try arguing that the FS (or whatever) you took wasn't "significant", but do you really want to bet a suspension on winning that argument with a GM?
Especially given:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't loot things that don't belong to you

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.