Thread: Server Wipe
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wipe won't do a damned thing. It's nothing but fantasy. People want items that aren't around anymore (manastones etc), and a fair chance to get them. The problem is, this server was anything but classic in terms of people back when it launched. Even with a max pop of 100 people (maybe 200?), every important camp was camped. Players just know everything about the game.

I remember the headache this server was when it launched with camps. And that was with 100 or so players at a time. Let's make that a thousand or so, in classic with everyone knowing what they need to hit to be "special" with items that will get removed/nerfed. It would be a giant cluster fuck.

I'm sorry that people weren't part of this server during classic launch. But it is what it is. The end game raiders now, if the server wiped, would still race to the end and dominate. The "lucrative" camps would be perma-camped 24/7. At least when the server had a low pop. people not completely "in the loop" still had a chance. Hell the only reason I have a pre-nerf guise is because I was "kinda" in the loop but not completely. It was a different time. Wiping the server and starting it from pure classic now would just be a mess.

Love the server for what it is. If you weren't part of it back in 2009, I'm sorry. But a wipe would be a even bigger headache than what this server is today.
I think I tend to agree with you. I don't think wiping would help or change much for long. I know this won't happen but I would love to see them add Luclin to blue and then start up a fresh version of "classic". Those that really want the wiped clean version of classic can go there and those that want to "progress" more could stay here and those that want to dabble in both could do that as well.

It might also have the side benefit of minimizing what you are talking about because people would have to mostly decide which server to focus on and when that happens it means more stuff/camps/raid targets/whatever for other people. It could potentially have the downside of splitting the community in a bad way but it might also bring in more people that would alleviate that to some degree.

Luclin maybe wasn't "classic" per se and I didn't love all of Luclin but it did add a lot of good stuff to the game and it would open up so much more content for people to focus on.