View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.
I didn't play in the two months of release. I'm here to play everquest because it was a GOOD game. I can't play with corpse runs on live or an authentic experience. Explain to me how giving no mages after 34 benefits anyone(thank you for suggesting this change btw)?

Secondly, mages just didn't level that fast in the first two months. There were probably a couple hardcore players that made it there but the situation is vastly different. The playerbase is NOT classic and therefore the restriction is substantially worse. A significant amount of players played wizards and warriors for example and grouped more, so a mage not having a pet in that time period was not as much of an issue.

No pets after 34 can ONLY be supported if your goal is to make an exact museum and NOT a good game in itself. Which then all balance changes and garbage like /list should be reverted if that's the case because this mage pet thing SIGNIFICANTLY makes the game worse.
Zekdos - Troll SK