View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's right about these scenarios. I would not have the patience to play like this, which is why I didn't think of them and also why I thought the MS I had at one point was kinda useless, but if you're into this kind of play then yep it sounds worth having. I would not wait 80 hours or pay huge sums of plat for it still, but hey, I'm sure some would.

Someone else check the numbers, I am too lazy but they seem ok at first glance. If I'm going to be all opinionated, I at least need to be straight up when I'm wrong.
Really the only use for a manastone is clerics with 3000+hp or for wizards with an epic weapon, which epics wont be in the game till like next year?
So manastones are pretty worhtless right now. Clerics get the most bang now, but that is not so great with low hps.
Wizard epic gives 800 hp shield for free. So you can siphon that free 800 hp with mana stone. Wiz Epic cast time is 17 secs, manastone instant click. 800/60 = 13 clicks = 240 mana in about 20 secs, x3 = 720 mana per min for free. Ice comet costs wizards 400 mana. Ice spear costs 300, Sunstrike costs 450. So wizzy could IC almost twice a min infinitely or Ice spear 2.5 times per min. Best proly Ice spear (1200dmg) once, then Sunstrike (1650dmg) once per min infinitely. So 2850 dmg per min without losing any mana. Then the dragon bane and giant bane spells are 2k damage per 450 mana.
Cleric Complete heal costs 400 mana, so you would need over 2400 hps to be able to mana stone down to 800 mana, complete heal yourself, then have enough to complete heal again.
The higher the cleric hps the more efficient Complete heal will be, the more mana they can get out of manastones. Not sure on that side of the equation how good that is at its peak. What is peak cleric hps in classic, Kunark and Velious? Isnt warrior hps like 10k or so in Velious?
Kunark there are few items that can make the manastones more efficient, but you cant use manastones in Kunark.
Last edited by NPC; 02-23-2020 at 04:25 PM..