View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Orc

Default Don't join <Clue>

Or at the very least, please be aware that if you join Clue and ask for help taking down a spawn you've been camping, they'll send a zerg force of 80 mouth-breathing idiots who will effectively steal the camp from you and random the drops.

I'm a 58 bard. I've been camping Lodizal off-and-on for the past few days, and today I was lucky enough to have him spawn. Since I was by myself, I had two options: 1) ask guildies for help, or 2) call my RL friends who agreed to log in to kill him if needed. I figured since <Clue> had quite a few people online, it would be easier to just ask them.

I told everyone in guildchat I had tagged Lodizal and I could use some assistance. I kited him around while I waited for (what I thought would be) 2 or 3 people to port in. When I brought Lodizal back to his spawn loc, there were no less than 12 <Clue> members waiting for me. Half of them were under level 55.

Lodizal died almost instantaneously.

Now here's where I admittedly messed up - I didn't speak up when the "raid" leader Rainbowcop started randoming off Lodizal's loot. I was a little jittery and excited from actually getting the spawn, and in the back of my head I was thinking that no decent person would simply random off everything without giving me anything since I'd been the one camping it for days on end.

But that's exactly what they did.

I'm not claiming that the spawn was KSed from me (since I invited them to help), and I'm not suggesting there was any formal violation of the p1999 rules. I just want everyone to know what to expect if you join <Clue>.

(EDIT: Sorry just realized this probably belongs in R&F...)
Last edited by Peener; 12-27-2015 at 09:21 PM..