View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Teddee; sure STR gives you a little extra dps but realistically when I parse Sakuragi at 56 with haste, he does maybe 40 dps . . which does not compare favorably with an epic 55+ rogue at 80+. For raids STA > DEX because you will be getting aggro with the midnight mallet anyway, but for XP groups DEX > STA because you need those procs for aggro. IIRC I went 5STR/20STA and if I had to do it over again I'd do 10STA/15DEX.

I don't think Iksars are as bad as people are making them out to be as warriors, but they sure aren't good either. Basically you will be wearing sebilite scale armor at 60, which has roughly the same AC values as crafted. Crafted has 100AC, Indicolite has 155AC, and Cobalt has 220AC. The Iksar bonus is something like 35 at 60, so you're looking at 20 raw AC vs an Indicolite warrior and 80 vs a Cobalt warrior. Sakuragi has 2550HP/940AC unbuffed at 56. At 60 that'll probably be 970AC or so, compared to a full cobalt raid tank at 1080-1100. The more casual guild tanks are probably going to be something like 1040. The takeaway from all these numbers is that you'll be fine in XP groups (although you won't wow anyone) but your raiding role will be poor dps till Velious.

Keep in mind as well that Verant played a cruel joke on warriors - not only are they the most gear dependent class in EQ, they have the least ability to farm cash! That being said, most of the sebilite scale gear is cheap-ish (500-1k per piece) and there are some good suggestions in the thread so far. The #1 item to get imo is a Staff of Battle 31/37 which will do pretty solid dps (and therefore hold aggro pretty well) until L40-45 or so.