View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You lose a shitload of stats as iksar, on top of what you've sacrificed simply by being an iksar. You lose the 50 hp on planar gloves, the awesome stats on cobalt bp/legs, even some incarnadine pieces have good stats. It's a lot worse than any other race, and probably also rather boring to know that the best gear you can get is what others would throw away. With poor natural stats and virtually no stats from armor, you're gonna have a bad time.
My iksar warrior reaches 255 sta/agi/dex buffed without cobalt, so getting the stats up there isn't really dependent on having that cobalt or Indocolite. It certainly might make it easier though.

The AC loss is not as game breaking as people are saying it is, if I compared myself to a tank in cobalt that isn't stacking AC with a shield/dagas and maybe a few other pieces, I end up being about 80 ac less (1070ish vs 1150ish), and I can close that margin if necessary without sacrificing HP. My hitpoints are quite similar to non-iksar tanks as well. The 50HP on the hands are nice, but its pretty much one of the only items that other warriors can wear that gives such a bonus for HP, and in being an Iksar you can end up using a few items that other warriors wouldn't use to close that 50 gap. Tank everything that has come my way just fine, including bosses.

Iksars do not make bad tanks now, and they only get better. Right now the worst thing you might lose is being able to click the invisibility on the cobalt legs =p

To answer the original question, stack STA if you are going Iksar. Even without epics you can get 215+ dex buffed no problem.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Last edited by bizzum; 05-07-2012 at 06:27 AM..