View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My iksar warrior reaches 255 sta/agi/dex buffed without cobalt, so getting the stats up there isn't really dependent on having that cobalt or Indocolite. It certainly might make it easier though.

The AC loss is not as game breaking as people are saying it is, if I compared myself to a tank in cobalt that isn't stacking AC with a shield/dagas and maybe a few other pieces, I end up being about 80 ac less (1070ish vs 1150ish), and I can close that margin if necessary without sacrificing HP. My hitpoints are quite similar to non-iksar tanks as well. The 50HP on the hands are nice, but its pretty much one of the only items that other warriors can wear that gives such a bonus for HP, and in being an Iksar you can end up using a few items that other warriors wouldn't use to close that 50 gap. Tank everything that has come my way just fine, including bosses.

Iksars do not make bad tanks now, and they only get better. Right now the worst thing you might lose is being able to click the invisibility on the cobalt legs =p

To answer the original question, stack STA if you are going Iksar. Even without epics you can get 215+ dex buffed no problem.
So there is hope, Lol.. Jk

I'm lvl 40 now, and younger warrior hatchlings are asking me for advice.. I've just told them what you all have told me.

What to Prioritize such as hp,ac,sta,dex .. always search for good proccing/aggro weapons and dps weapons.

Lately I've been coming across many twinked out large (ogre/troll/barb) tanks, I usually compare ac/hp and if they surpass me I switch to Staff of Battle or some other dual wield dps combination.

I've had so much fun so far on this journey, albeit I've died countless times.. It is one of the best times I'm having [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] truthfully ~