View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, obtaining things like manastone, guise, and fungi staff has rarely been attainable for the casual player. That's part of what makes this game the way it is. Be prepared for that to not change.
I guess it depends on when you're talking about and what you mean by casual. Arguably everyone in classic was "casual": nobody was pooping in socks in '99. Also no one knew these items would get nerfed ... but that cat's out of the bag now, and there's no way to put it back in.

Still even with everyone knowing about these items now, there's a big difference between "you literally cannot get this item unless (maybe) you log in at 4AM several nights in a row" vs. "it will take you hours and hours of waiting in line to even get the camp, and then you've got the RNG to deal with once you do". Even the latter will prevent 90% of the player base from ever getting such an item, but when someone locks the camp down it means 99.9% of the server won't get to camp the item. I don't believe that is in any way classic or an unavoidable part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the biggest issues with this type of rule implementation is the stress placed on the GMs. They're already stretched thin with the raid scene and the million rules that require a p99 licensed attorney. The last thing you want to do is add more rules to this place when they're having a hard enough time enforcing or probably even understanding the current rules themselves.
Amen. As I said, even if lockdowns would have been prevented on live (and again, read that GM manual and I think you'll agree they probably would have), we're not on live and we don't have a paid GM staff. So if we're going to prevent lockdowns here it has to work for the staff.

So far the simplest, least staff effort idea that I've heard amounts to "new rule: you can only pass a camp off to the next person who has been waiting in line, in zone." Staff already have to deal with fights over camps today, and I would imagine they have a way to find out how long someone has been in a zone, so I don't think this rule would add a huge amount of work for them, Maybe when it first gets added, but pretty soon everyone would learn that if you don't pass the camp properly you get petitioned, and once people learn that I think the staff would have no more fights over camps than they already do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.