View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic
Role playing rubbing thighs on passing hobbits to infuse them with the scent of 'ox' is a far superior use of time, anyways.