Thread: Game Mechanics: Enchanter pet AI is completely fubar
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently the proof for the memory wiping animations has been around a long time.

https://xornn.tripod.com/Spells/spell.htm

This list was made pre- kunark... and it has some interesting other things in it too, like improved invisibility and more importantly wandering mind, spells that according to p99 currently don't exit until velious. Maybe it deserves its own thread.

In any case its specifically mentioned in several of the memory blurs that you can blur the animation.... you could also blur other peoples pets and other players, too. could target anything. You could even cast it on the boat. LOL. anyway, just one of multiple mentions:

"AoE blurs are just a regular blur, and more. They blur everything around the target in a large radius, including your animation if it's fighting (more on that in Kamikaze Tactics), and for some reason seem to land better than single-blurs (not heavily researched, just an opinion really). "

As a side note he also mentions the encumberance of mobs, which was also a thing. i remembr i would load charms up with finesteel to sell lateer and they would waddle around more slowly after awhile.
Last edited by DMN; 03-05-2021 at 02:54 PM..