View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One torch, start now. I think npcs first get dual wield skill closer to the 20ish range, but you'll see it make a progressively bigger difference on higher level mobs. It works on just about anything that can't be hit by charm animal, which may be broader than what you think of as humanoid. For example it works with biles, wurms, kobolds, elementals. When in doubt use the torch anyway.

For curiosities sake you can give them a torch and a weapon or two different weapons and compare the hit messages to see how much they dw, e.g "hits" vs "crushes".
on a loosely related matter, I find is interesting how often low level pets will double attack (not duel wield). Having the low level pet double attack for 23 is really glorious.

On the subject of accuracy, as discussed you can't really boost it per se, but you should be able to lower the target's avoidance (which essentially boosts accuracy by proxy) by lowering the target's agility. I've always imagined keeping shallow breath / equivalent active on the higher con mobs really helps the pet land more hits, but perhaps this is an illusion granted by the smidgen more dps the spell brings from magic damage.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 04-29-2021 at 10:12 AM..