View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit just for kicks, I plugged the new numbers into my sperglord calculator, and I can see why Furor was pissed. From a pure hate perspective the Blade of Strategy/Tactics combo would rank BELOW the Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip! The double VP stun weapons would be about 4% more aggro than even the Epic/Shissar combo that the top level TMO warriors are rocking (although of course less DPS).

That being said, -40ATK is a huge, huge debuff when it lands. And keeping aggro off casters will be substantially easier with lower hate values for their spells.

Overall I'd say its a wash, although losing 40HP on the epic does suck.
I've been using Sarnak/Whip for some time and have been pretty happy with the aggro that combo generates. I've never charted it out or done any type of analysis, but it's really not a bad way to go considering you can get both for around 7k. The high delay and -5AC on the whip are drawbacks I'm not crazy about, but I think there are a few other choices and no-drops that could probably take the whip's place and hold their own.

Recently picked up rmoy and will be giving that a try over the next few weeks. I'm not convinced the yak proc is going to be anything more than marginally better than the sarnak stun, and the ratio is pretty close to the same. Hard to think it could be worth the 50k+ premium you're going to pay over a sarnak, unless of course you've got plat to burn. I'm also not crazy about moving to a higher delay weapon in main hand, although it's only 2 points. And it just seems wrong to put a 55k weapon in offhand when it costs like 10x your mh weap?

I have heard several (new to them) epic warriors complain about the seemingly mediocre hate generation of the epic, which I actually don't mind hearing as I don't find myself sweating getting the epic as much. Sure I'll make every attempt to strive for it, but I'm not going to lose (much) sleep over it. That and I'm about 500k and a hand short atm.

Interesting thread though, been wondering why this hasn't really come up much. I guess it's just one of those "classic" things and not a whole lot to do about it.
Last edited by salimoneus; 08-27-2013 at 04:59 AM..