View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The kind of guild I want to join is a guild where raiding is not mandatory, there is no dkp on loot but rather ran rolls for people who need, the guild tries to get guild groups going in challenging zones and for alts, DOES NOT bat phone or guild shame for not attending raids, allows very casual roughly (10 hours a week) of play time, does not require team speak(wifey Agro) but rather encourages it, and guild members who are very friendly, helpful, polite and social.
I'd like the same kind of guild you would. I haven't found one. Best I've been able to do over the years is join various up-and-coming guilds then leave once they get raid fever and start raiding excessively (a typical breaking point being when DKP-type loot is adopted). I joke with friends that I'm always on the lookout for my next ex-guild.

I don't put too much stock in guild recruitment posts. Lots of guilds claim they're casual-friendly, but in practice that quite often means they grudgingly tolerate casuals and won't outright disband them. I don't know anything about "The Second Sons." It appeared while I was in a low-activity period. They look like they're worth investigating.

Danth