View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes. I have a 51 bard who has melee'd his way up. I'm stuck gold farming at the moment for my next upgrade, but i can tell you that being at the haste cap makes up for no double attack. I'm sure i have better str than a human tank would normally have (235 with the right song), though not up to ogre warr standards by any means.
Not having block/parry/riposte seems to be more than made up by the slow song.
My twink level: 34% haste belt, fungy, 2 10/18 weapons. everything else is ac/hp/str, basically a 500plat/slot build except for fungi and weapons. oh, and lute of the howler str stacks with your song str. yay! my 10/18 main hand maxes at 59 dmg at lev 51.
Fungi + lute + 2 heal songs make downtime lower than anything I've ever played, though i've not twinked a monk yet.
RNG kicking your ass? fear, or kite.
I compared 3 options for killing a blue HG at 50: melee, with 4 songs (haste, slow, 2 dots), drum (walrus) with 3 dots + slow in tank mode (to do full dot dmg), drum with 3 dots and slow in kite mode. Melee was about 15 seconds /kill shorter than drum tanking, same down time, 35 seconds shorter than drum kite, but with a 8 tic recovery average over 10 giants, before being ready for the next.
So go for it if you have a fungi. Probably can still do it without the fungi, maybe fear/snare/haste/dot for lower downtime.
Ideally I'd be twisting Haste, DoT, and Regen while fighting, maybe a second dot or a slow if Twisting 4 is doable without dropping a song. I also forgot that Fear Kiting is a thing for Bards. So I can Snare one, Fear it, then beat it to death without it ever hitting me or running away. So that should work against Guards and Geodes.

Bards do get Parry, Dodge and Riposte too. They're just not very high.

Sounds good though. I'm cycling through my weapon options right now, but likely I'd be using Guardian Mace and Breath of Harmony. Symphonic Saber would be good as well.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 05-29-2020 at 06:05 PM..