View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as getting into groups, it’s not that hard. I don’t usually see people deny a Wizard if they have an opening and don’t have a need for another class at the time. I honestly see people be less willing to add another hybrid to their group more than I see someone deny Wizards (especially if the group is using a Druid or Shaman as main healer...more damage equals less load on the healer since the mobs die faster).

As far as ports, that’s just a dumb statement. Wizards are the only class that can port to the Planes so you’ll definitely be needed in raids and I’ve never turned down a port just because it’s a wizard who can’t give me sow. Honestly Wizards also have a bit of an advantage since they can basically port people right into Kelethin which Druids can’t, and closer to Qeynos (until Surefall Glade port comes out way later). I wouldn’t worry about the port issue at all. Plus your ports mean it’s easier to find a group in theory since you can travel all over with ease to check for groups in other dungeons.
This is true. I suppose it's just all the shit-talking about Wizards that I see around that gets kind of discouraging. That and I did genuinely struggle to find groups early on in Green on a wizard thought maybe it's different now. But I've been rerolling on this server over and over again trying to find the right class I can identify with and nothing's really stuck. I genuinely do like wizards from a thematic standpoint, it's just always been tough to get into due to their mechanical limitations and community stigma.

But...I want to try again.

The port thing is just someone was saying to me on the P99 Discord early on. I do know that Wizards get ports to the planes, and later they can send folks to their bind points, but beyond that I couldn't help feeling the guy was right about druids having the edge everywhere else. Except maybe the fact that evils don't have to put on an invis to get a wizard port in some places.