View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes Variance must be done away with. For that to happen though. WE as a comunity Must start acting like adults and come up with something that benifits both power gamers and casuals a like.
They tried this, it's called instanced content. There are lots of games that cater to this. EQ raiding is not one of them.

Quote:
Curently the guild I am in isnt even tier 3 and im fine w/ that. It may take us 6 months to be ready to raid,, good w/ that too. what i myself am not fine with is that in order to even get a chance at even oldworld stuff, i gotta quit my job, wife and be on call 24/7. We can simply do better and if your competing or rotating w/ 2 or 3 guilds compairded to how it is now, everyone will atleast get there chance....... Even if they must wait to get it.
Again, no. I work a very real job with normal hours, have a great marriage and a 2 year old and have made 45% of our raids over the last 9 months. There isn't a guild on this server that expects its entire membership to be available to go 24 hours a day. Some people have this "luxury" and some do not but even within the top 2 guilds, the concern is far more for your competence than your playtime.

If you don't know what it's like to raid here, it seems pretty absurd to continue to make assumptions about the workings of guilds you don't deal with.