View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* If you can manage to kill all the spawns in your camp, and you have downtime waiting for spawns, charming one of your spawns is pointless. You didn't need more DPS.

* Charming uses up one of your spawn points. Nothing will spawn in your pet's spot until he's killed. This can be bad if you're trying to maximize XP or loot.

* It's an extra strain on your healers. It will break eventually. If your healer is struggling then perhaps charming isn't right for the group.

* Intense camps need all of your mana and casting time spent on mezzing and rooting and slowing and buffing. Random breaks are preventing the camp from going smoothly. One particular camp that I can think of is Karnor's basement. If you have an intense puller you can potentially get constant waves of 4+ mob pulls with no breaks, in a small space. You should probably focus on keeping the adds locked down 100% of the time.

* no afk time. It's very rare to go 3, 5, or 8 hour grind sessions without needing an afk.
-You can speed up kills, regardless of if you're clearing camp or not. Stuff dies faster = stuff respawns sooner = more exp/loot happens at a faster rate

-You can charm something that is not near your killing area. Alternatively, Drop the charm when the pet gets low HP and use that damage it took as a DPS boost to your group killing.

-As someone who has played healers for multiple years, I'm always for the enc charming when willing, More DPS = Less damage on the tank, more loot, more xp. If you have a super inexperienced or plain bad enchanter, or charming things out of your league, yes, I could see it as inefficient.

-Anyone who is asking their group ENC to charm -AND- slow -AND- CC -AND- Root ON TOP OF buffs, probably doesn't have a great concept of mana regeneration/usage for that class. If the enc is charming, you shouldn't be asking for much more than haste/C and maybe some sporadic mez/slows.

-If you need to AFK, there's nothing stopping you from suiciding, killing, or uncharm/memblurring the pet.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But a well played enchanter, should be up there in DPS as well as performing their other roles.
I would go so far as to say, a charming enc is the highest DPS addition you can add. A light blue charmed pet will be on par with most rogues of the enc's level, and a charmed hasted rogue pet will outdps any PC hands down. With drawbacks, sure, but an incredible amount of DPS all the same

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 04-21-2017 at 12:39 PM..