View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I also first started playing everquest in Halas\Everfrost as a barb shaman. It was sooooooo damn cool seeing all the other barbs running around, grouping and figuring out the game. Slowly accumulating platinum, being excited when a mob dropped a backpack. Slowly filling out slots with leather and then banded pieces. Sighhh I miss that.

Made me think too that depending on which\race class you started as, you probably had a totally different experience of the game for the early learning phase, even if you went on and made a different race later on. Starting in freeport and hunting in oasis is totalllllly different than everfrost and blackburrow, just tone wise.

I also remember seeing the generic steel plate armor that you can buy for outrageously high prices at the armor shop in halas and thinking "hmm that must be part of the end game", and now I know it's just totally pointless to spend money on it heh.
I was a barb shaman when green launched - it was a great time, and exactly like you described.

When I first played EQ, I was a Dark Elf SK and a Wood Elf Ranger, and those experiences were very different as well (I remember seeing a dark elf show up at crushbone and everyone was amazed).