View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't think I could handle being an Ogre or a Troll lol, they're just too ugly, and HUGE.

Also by melee, I didn't mean like doing mostly melee damage. I meant more like, debuffing and DoTing the enemy, then tanking / meleeing it down, with my pet biting it too. At least, that's what I saw other Shamans doing, and it looked pretty fun and active. I'm sure the actual melee damage of a Shaman is nothing compared to like Monk, Rogue, or Ranger etc. But I just like the idea of being in melee range, and swinging my weapon. I feel like with that play style, I'd actually feel like I was in a fight, rather than just Root + DoT then sit and wait =/.

I don't care too much about min / maxing. However, I also don't want screw myself so badly stat wise, that when I swing, I am doing like under 20dmg a swing, whereas if I was an Ogre or Troll, I'd be doing over 30-40+ etc. I don't know exactly how all the stats, dmg, and math works out. But from what Danth said, it doesn't sound like it would be too much of a problem.

If that's the case, then maybe I will go Iksar after all.

But before I actually decide that or not, are there any other reason why I shouldn't go Iksar? Maybe Barbarian?
You really shouldn’t be worrying about melee dmg on a shaman. They’re not a melee class and it will fizzle out very quickly. Yes ogres should do a bit more with higher strength but it’s basically irrelevant as shaman melee is worse than a bard and you can buff strength as well for weight issues. Iksars can’t wear the jbb(jaundiced bone bracer). It’s not class defining but it’s a great/fun item and if you plan to sit back and let your pet tank you might want to consider having a barbarian for mana free nukes eventually. .