View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default output

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Run it using a terminal, copy/pate output to forum using a pastebin link
This was my output:

Code:
usr@computer:$ wine eqgame.exe patchme
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33ebd8,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x140e20, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x140e20, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B5G6R5_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B5G6R5_UNORM stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33eed8,0x00000000), stub!
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1280x720x32 @0! (XRandR 1.2)
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xfffffffc at address 0xf1f0ce (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:module:import_dll Library dbghelp.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe" failed, status c0000135
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakmojo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And or can we get a Screenshot?
It sounds like its not even starting the EQw.exe in WINE.

Check to make sure you are running a 32bit instance of wine by Going to Configure and check the wine version. You might have to hit the "+" button to get the full listing and or to install a diff version to test.

Also, I'm the dude who wrote the TAKP wiki thing, so if you have comments or suggestions I welcome them via PM.
Hi, what is the TAKP wiki? I haven't seen that yet... Also, I have attached a screenshot of my terminal output (same as I have in the quote above) and my wine version (which appears to be 32 bit as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure there's a simple solution to this, but I've found that running the EQ executable from any kind of shortcut or terminal prompt results in the error Boolean described.

My fix for this that has always worked is to target the executable directly from the folder where EQ is installed in the dosdevices/C:/ProgramFiles/Sony area. When run from inside the folder with all the gamefiles EQ seems to work fine.

Also, consider using Q4Wine if PlayonLinux is giving hassle. It's my go-to Wine GUI for running Windows executables.

Ubuntu 12.04 here, I know i'm way behind the times but it's so stable for everything I use it for I don't wanna mess with it =p
I've tried the direct execution method but that causes the same error. I don't know if PlayOnLinux is causing the error but I'm not suspecting it. I've used it for SC2 and it works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wine_eq.jpg (20.2 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Boolean; 12-08-2015 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: more information and screenshot