View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside: The castle in velks is cool more people should exp there
The wife and I take friends or groups up there once in awhile, but it's not the sort of area you'll likely see a lot of pick-up groups ever form. Experience rates for folks not already 60 tend to be slow due to the difficulty of the area and that same difficulty means group members can't generally loaf around the same way they can in the popular EXP camps. In addition you have named golems, Kerdelb and Bledrek in particular, crystal destroyers also, that are a lot harder than usual EXP-group fodder (and also harder than Failed Experiment) and which could easily wipe the unprepared and since the various golems all spawn in in place of each other you can't always avoid them. If that isn't enough the area contains some interesting pathing and line-of-sight issues. Even getting in and out of camp can range from trivial to difficult depending on what sees through invisibility and where it's at.

I like that area and the wife and I duo'd up there a great deal when we were more active but I appreciate why it's usually deserted. I like how Velious has some nice areas like that which don't see a lot of use. One of the annoying things about P99's Kunark period was how practically anything of value was camped 24/7. Velious allows for some decent off the beaten path options.

Danth