View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server was up to ~200 people a night after the changes. Held steady like that for a while. Now it's closer to 150 at peak times. #1 thing that will bring people in and keep them around is community outreach programs for lowbies, and an overall more positive attitude from the players.

When every 3rd thread on the forums says "WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE" and /ooc has similar rhetoric, not sure why anyone thinks people would stick around to play. It doesn't even give the box a chance at that point - it's shooting yourself before you even get to the gunfight.
Hmm, this is true.. I mean, the previous comment almost prevented me from even LOOKING (since after all, I don't check in very often). Don't worry, I'll still check it out, though.

As for lowbies, yea, this is huge. On Rallos Zek which was a big hit later, they realized this too -- they made PvP only active for lvl 10+ to get people off their feet and not rage quit at lvl 1-2. Not sure if that's a consideration. I find it easier to get on my feet after this magical number (well, 8 as a caster, 10 as anything else). Personally I don't care because I'm in my 20's, but I do want to see new people.