View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I MQ'd the decrepit hide for 10k and then got the leech from my guild bank (the piece I was waiting on for a few weeks). We had started doing sky again the last 3 weeks, consistently, and got my abrogation blade which I was planning to MQ but turns out I didn't have to. I imagine it would be a bit more nerving trying to double MQ that step with the leech and the abrogation blade, so that was nice I didn't need to.

The quest is definitely manageable. It definitely takes a good bit of help from some people. I got the key off a mimic after requesting a dock group in the hole to pull them. Once I had the mimic key, my guild cleared to the dude in the castle at the hole, which is a pretty short venture into the hole. The tank was a 60 ToV warrior, so it was a cake walk. The crypt part was a bit annoying, I got a group of guildies down there (we jumped into the hole zone in) (shaman, sk, enc, and another dps). We did probably 5 cycles and on the last one before our healer had to leave, he popped, did the turn in and killed the dude. I'll need to do this piece again for my earring and chest piece that I'd like to have as gear.

The leech would not have been as smooth without a high end guild, so my experience with this is a bit uncommon for the average person completing this quest. I also needed to bring out a crew for the final fight. We did it with another 60 warrior, full tov gear, 2 shamans, bard, 3 rogues, a ranger, a monk, a druid for spot heals, only 1 enchanter (he was spamming rune and died when Lhnrac had 50% health, so I was a bit nervous but our tank was a boss) and a cleric..yea. It ended up being a bit overkill but I didn't want to have to do a CR with the entire crew of people that came out to help. A warrior using evasive disc seems to be the way to go so that the mob has less of a chance to perform the 500 dmg proc.

So there's a lot of elements, especially at 53, that I needed help with from guildies or a group, every encounter pretty much requires a group to ensure your success but if you have the right class makeup, a bunch of the fights can prob be duoed or trioed. The quest is pretty hard, or at least time consuming. There's definitely bottle necks, like the decrepit hide, sky sword and the leech. If you don't have a great guild, this epic is very expensive or possibly not within reach. The two hole parts are very doable, just the zone is always pretty dead. If the hole was busy and easy to get groups, that would of been a breeze

The quest was fun because if it's difficulty and the sword is awesome.
Yikes yeah from a casual player who won’t be able to raid much, this is pretty discouraging. Could I pay to mq some of this stuff? I know the leech is at 100k alone.