View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by roks1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's books of lore located in Thurgadin library if you're interested in the dwarves. velious lore was primarily (as i don't have any behind the scenes knowledge) focused on the Sleeper and the story behind it. You'll hear Jaled'dar whinging and moaning about the poor sleeper and why it was a mistake for the head dragons (i guess?) to imprison the beast. I suggest if you're looking -- look in that direction.

It is indeed too bad the 3 factions didn't flesh out, even though there's plenty of quests dealing with random nonsense. I haven't found a vendor in skyshrine that sells lore books like the library in thurgadin but i haven't looked all that hard either.

Also, Velious brought us the ring event mechanics that started the evolution of raids (god knows what they look like now). Also, while i've not done it, i think there's plenty to be learned by doing the final shawl quest that's unavailable in our timeline.

What velious really is missing is the Strange Clicky Items like the SoW katana, or a manna robe/mana stone and things along those lines.
Wizards got a pretty good clicky robe from velious so they don't need a manastone for norrmal gameplay anymore pretty much. IMO.

Yeah, I need to go talk to the damn dwarves, ugh... I hate them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Actually, I want to faction for the giants and listen to them, they probably have the coolest story.

There was a lot of room for orcs and dwarven story lines. And there's those tizmaks and kodiaks, wouldn't it have been cool if you found out they were the decendents of some werewolf line, or something, the tizmaks are essentially velious minos.

I think velious was somewhat a response to "OMG we are going to get sued for naming this mob a gnoll, lets put some stuff in we can point to and say look we didn't blatantly plagurize..."... I think the people behind writing for EQ got a bit better by 2002.5-3 too.