View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Post I'll probably get lynched for this but...

I've seen a lot of complaints of "why wasn't this fixed in beta". The simple answer is we had 1% of the population in beta that we have now and many weren't out doing the quests and looking for bugs in every nook and cranny.

So now we have almost a month under our belts and have countless bugs fixed. The server isn't perfect, but we are closer then we were a month ago.

So lets do a wipe. Call this last month Beta +1. Or keep going for another few months, get more bugs worked out, and do it in March. Match up the new day 1 with EQ classic Day 1.

I'm not even half serious about this (maybe like 1/10th serious) but this is something to think about next time you ask "Why wasn't this fixed in beta". If you see something you are interested in and it has an open Beta, get in there and TEST IT! I know that we didn't have 200+ people that just happened to hear about P99 on the day it launched. People were anticipating this server. Waiting with baited breath for it. But weren't willing to spend an hour or two a week to run around and verify that X quest worked as it should, or that y zone wasn't bugged beyond belief and now feel entitled to a bug free experience that they did nothing to contribute to.

The people that did play beta did what they could, but imagine if we had had the player base we have now playing in Beta for even the last month? Think about how far along bug wise we could have been?

Just something to think about the next time you want to ask why something wasn't fixed or why you have to put up with X bug.

To the Devs, thank you for all of the hard work you have put into the server thus far, and what you do on a daily basis.

To everyone else who Beta tested, thank you, and keep reporting what you are finding. That's the only way to get things fixed.

To those who want a perfect game and have done and do nothing to contribute...yeah.

/soapbox off
Last edited by Bigcountry23; 10-29-2009 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling