View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Your first charm spell is great. The 70 mana it costs is basically nothing in your mid 20s, and it charms up to lvl 24 mobs.

I had the same experience you did when I tried to solo charm on Hairyporter at 14. I gave it up and frankly hated the char. I've got a 39 druid on red now, though, and I approached things a bit differently. First of all, when possible I charmed in groups. Bam, no need to charm break. Keep in mind that your mana pool and regen increase pretty remarkably as you level; you get about 2 more mana per med tick every 5 levels. So the charming/snaring/fearing/rooting all becomes easier to sustain. At your level, put together an oasis crocs fear kiting group and go nuts.

Eventually my strategy became: charm mob a, send at mob b, root mob b. when one mob drops to ~10-15% hp (one small nuke), I pull pet back. I hide over and over til it works, then nuke them down. If my pet was the one at 10-15% and enemy is above 20%, I nuke it down to 10-15% before I start hiding, in case root breaks dont want it to pwn my pet. If my pet is too high for 2 cheap nukes, I root the next mob, send my pet against it until he's 10-15%, then pull it back and start hiding.

Obviously a lot easier with goblin gazughi ring. But I greatly prefer keeping my pet and grouping. I had a blast charming gorillas in a CT group; it's fun being one of the top dps and also being puller and healer.