View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

For what it’s worth until level 50 I approached every login session with the expectation that I would be wandering around solo. I filled my bags with bandages and sought out hunting locations where I knew could start a fight at 50% and survive 99% of the time. Hunting areas got massive bonus points if there was a vendor somewhat close that sold bandages.

It was slow going at times but was also fun knowing I could be self sufficient on a class that traditionally is anything but. The biggest perk to having this mindset is that when I inevitably found a partner it helped me really appreciate some of the under appreciated classes. Piddly druid heals and thorns? Why yes thank you! A wizard with terrible sustained dps but nukes that cut our fight time dramatically (time fighting = hp lost = time lost bandaging)? Hell yeah ... why not?!? I met a lot of good friends along the way.

I always actively sought out partners, partial groups, or full groups. When I couldn’t, I at least had something productive to do. Keeping bind wound maxed as I leveled was also worth its weight in gold. I still carry stacks of bandages at 60 and they still come in handy.

Forcing yourself to roll solo periodically also really helps you to understand your capabilities and limitations as you climb in levels.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2