View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 12:13 PM
Aviak

RE Legidias: I've tried the non-strafe method (with SoW, and with twisting in Selo's) and just couldn't make it work. Perhaps with much more practice I could... but as many times as I tried, it didn't seem like I was even getting close. This does sound a lot like the method suggested to me by a VERY helpful peep in-game last night. Said once I got it, all other methods would be way harder/not worth it. I really wanted to 'get it'. Just couldn't.

RE Vivitron: I've tried virtually every combination of this, without success. When running, if I hit 'turn', I simply start turning/spinning; I no longer run forward. If I get the strafe run established, I cannot lock it in, using any method that I can discover on my own. It is for this reason, that I believe it is a keyboard assignment issue, and not something I am simply overlooking.

I played for years, then did take a decade and a half off- but have been back at it for a year and a half or so, albeit on Live initially, and then most recently on green. This is simply my first Bard, so my first instance of really needing to maintain longer episodes of sustained circling/strafing/ovaling/whatever. I've managed to strafe run from peeps most of my EQ life as a Necro primarily, so kiting is nothing new- even sometimes just trying to 'get away' with a strafe technique when sow drops, gets dispelled etc. Running/player control has never presented such issues in the past; just now that I'm trying to hone my Bard'ing techniques.

Again, I appreciate the wisdom. Whatever methods are recommended, I'll give them a shot once I get home to my game comp. and report back when I've found something that works. I am fully prepared for that answer to make me look completely computer illiterate- which I may be from time to time, lol