View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly everything should have a 1-3 hour spawn would fix alot of problems

its 2019
Right, but it's project 1999.

Really I think the staff should not only automate earthquakes, they should tie them and/or variance to the server's population.

Imagine a script that runs throughout the month that counts the number of active 60s that month (or raid-eligible 45+s, same diff). Now, figure out an approximate number of 60s (or 45+s) on an average live server at the end of the Velious era ... I'm going to guess 700, but I'm sure the devs with all their classic research could come up with a better number.

Now, on live, we got what, an average of two server updates a month? So if our active 60 population is around 700 the server gives us two earthquakes a month, just like live. Our server is perfectly classic.

BUT, if our server has unclassically high number of 60s, it should unclassically adjust itself accordingly. If we have say 1400 active 60s a month, we should get four earthquakes a month. Not classic, but proportionally classic: per player there's still the same number of raid mobs per server.

And then if you wanted to get really fancy you could take fractions (like if we had say 1k active 60s) they could do something to lower/raise the variance rates to similarly spawn a fractional amount more mobs.

It's only a dream, but it seems a hell of a lot more classic and in keeping with what this project is about than instances (which Nilbog also entertained).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.