View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Default Shaman solo tactics?

I play on GMT so when I wake up in the morning my favorite grind spots tend to be empty. That's why I go solo when LFG and I tend to get pretty desperate. I leveled a Shammy through Blue back when it was still crowded 24/7 so finding Guk and Unrest FP groups was effortless even during offpeak. But on Teal I pretty much have to solo for half of my play time until everyone else logs on.

I have three questions:

A) What's the best Shaman solo rotation at 21?
1 - I start by buffing myself with Turtle Skin and Spirit Strength
2 - Malaise -> Root -> Disempower -> Affliction -> Walking Sleep -> Envenomed Breath (resist debuff, stat debuff, DoTs and slow)
3 - Then I Burst of Strength myself and go in for auto attacks until the blue con dies.
Is there something I could substitute or something I could add to kill things more efficiently? Because when I go for "dangerous" (high blue) cons I end up dead 7 times out of 10 and I lose more XP in a solo session than I gain due to this.

B) Is STR important to a Shaman? I have a +9 STR shield and a vendor Spear and don't know if it's worth to switch to a 2HB Bloodforge Hammer. I know melee becomes less important later on but at 21 my DoTs are so pathetic that beating things myself is my only option.

C) What are some fast solo spots that are good for a level 20 Shaman? Not interested in the outdoors since it's pretty slow, and Guk/Unrest are way too tightly packed for me. I'm looking for a Crushbone-like experience where there's a decent ZEM and mobs are far apart enough to be picked off one by one safely.
Not looking for money or anything because I can take care of that later and already bought most of my spells.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Last edited by Midoo; 12-27-2019 at 11:22 AM..