View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one can control them but they are much more frequent and costly in both mana and health than root rotting with necro DoTs.. You are also not going to be getting away with using root as an enc soloing at higher levels. Mobs just have too much life.
They for sure are, and Necros have it very easy. I gave a link to the mobs for my theorycrafting, its a spot both Enchs and Necros have an easy time Exp'ing at with Charming vs Root rotting at 49-53 that I've personally done. At different levels you're going to have different spell line-ups, but the comparison isn't going to be very different. If anything, its biased for the Necro for not including DoT duration time. You could argue that Necros can afford to be more mana inefficient because of lich/lifetap, and they generally have less problems when things go wrong. But Enchs can afford those mistakes using less mana and doing more damage with the mana spent than Necros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain
Solo is the most efficient exp possible for an Enchanter.

I've been in many monster groups that just mow stuff down. A couple rogues and a great tank with constant pulls.

And it's crap exp compared to charming.

If you think Enchanter is weak and/or inefficient solo then you probably need to work at it a bit more.
Agreed, this thread has me feeling like I'm taking crazy pills.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-18-2019 at 07:56 PM..