Thread: Budget sk twink
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't skill up on green mobs, so I always prefer to skill up weapons after every level. It is harder to skill up when you are higher level and need to swap to a weapon that never hits because your weapon skill is low. Carrying around 5 or 6 weapons really isn't a big deal most of the time, unless he is rolling a very low STR toon.

SK's get at least one good weapon in all weapon skills, so you might as well skill up while you level in case you want one later. Narandi's lance is pretty good, not too expensive, and piercing. You got Herbalists Spade for 2hb, it is also pretty cheap, good ratio, and root if you want it. Obviously 1h and 2h Slashing have a ton of options, so no reason not to level up there.
i used to think like you, but now i favor the bag space and for FS trash and ramp up my money. you can train your weapon skill when you need it, or at 40+ when there is only this left to do.

without the 5-6 weapons you have much more space and weight available to loot and make money.

i say this as a 186 STR barb warrior fighting in uguk at lvl 35.