Thread: EQ Spells, IRL
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nark_Sinseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must not have been a very good discussion, as Acumen would be better (field of view + night vision + stamina regen). Besides endurance wouldn't allow you to do anything particularly different - you can just do more of the things you already can. If you were a fat, lazy slob, having infinite endurance won't be habit changing. Even if cast on others it wouldn't change the world. More utility would exist in cure disease, objectively speaking.

Personally, I strive to extend my healthy years as long as possible. So something like Avatar (superhuman stat boost) or Divine Intervention (if on death I just get a full-health reset) would be best. Akin to immortality if used into perpetuity - Bleeding out? 6 second cast time and you're good for 10 mins. Serious illness? cast it and suicide.

Fun thought experiment. May change my mind based on other's answers. Invis sounds fun at first glimpse but infra-red or similar technology would likely defeat it.
Any of the spells that incorporate infinite stamina would be equal to invigor of course.

With infinite vigor your body could heal itself and you would live to be 150 anyways.

The previous discussion was more about how when it comes to real life - spells that are not even used in EQ like invigor end up being pretty OP.

I think the though call would be between a mental spell and a physical spell. Both are connected but some people struggle more with one than the other. If you always had the mental feeling of clarity / enlightenment you could do much with life and even theoretically control a lot of your physical body directly and produce stamina etc.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-05-2021 at 01:46 PM..