View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a lvl 51 Barbarian Shaman, my highest level character.
1. I won’t reach level 60
2. I can’t afford Torpor
3. I don’t have the resources to get epic, or the plat to MQ tear

Given the above, do you think it’s worth it to re-roll Troll? Will the extra regen make a big difference? I appreciate any input!
Okay, full disclosure, I'm in the Ogre boat, and I've played ogre barb troll to 50+, would choose ogre if I had to make the choice again.

That being said, I would be in the opposite category for #s 1-2-3.

My initial reaction to this thread was actually to suggest NOT rerolling for a race, but with those specific restrictions/stipulations as part of the decision making process, I reconsidered.

Being a troll (or iksar) would probably be the one biggest gain you could make without Epic/Torp/Fungi, so I would have to say that rerolling actually wouldn't be a terrible decision if you enjoy playing the class. If you enjoy that class that much I wouldn't really call #1-2-3 things you couldn't obtain, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too enjoy Troll shamans but my vote would be....no way. That Barb shaman has been there for you for 51 levels, putting him on blocks would be sad.
Hey it doesn't have to be sad, he could be great EC mule (sowboots aw yeah) and maybe buff some noobs while selling.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Due to some very generous people and my awesome guild, I’ve acquired a few decent pieces of equipment:
JBB
I missed that JBB at first, and I just wanna say, as an ogre fan, not having your JBB casts get slapped out of you 7 seconds in is amazing. Not enough reason to pick ogre over troll if you're considering 1-2-3 however.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 03-22-2019 at 07:09 PM..