View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeremy,

I appreciate the response. I have not played RoZ or even Everquest for that matter seriously since I was serving my overseas tour in Europe so feel free to take my observations or opinions with a grain of salt. With the little time I spent playing RoZ Engelburt did a good job ingame in my experiences, and I have even heard from multiple people that he is a completely different person. However, you have to take it from a players perspective and personally if I am going to dedicate a lot of my time to this server and take it seriously it is hard to not think about someone with such a dark past on Red99 have so much power on something you are devoting a lot of time to. Even if Burt is perfect, and something controversial happens regarding favoritism or something sketchy EVEN if it isn't what it seems, all the old r99 feelings come back and as a player its hard to not have it affect you and put the tin foil hat on, that's pretty much my reasoning. Again, I like Burt and he probably did turn a new leaf but that's my gripe about him being a staff member. As for the important stuff you inquired about the reason I favor Red99 over Rise of Zek is simple...
The main reason is the brand, Project1999 has a strong reputation of ALWAYS being around for the last 10 years, to be quite honest just that fact alone makes it hard to beat. Red99 has seen highs and lows of 5 people to 300 people but always seems to be somewhat playable and has stayed strong with never wiping. Also worth noting that they have some pretty kick ass code. It is a legit and reputable project and people will always flock to that and tend to take it more seriously creating a fun server for a longer amount of time. On the contrary, Red99 has been plagued with horrible staff and has never listened to the players regarding changes. Before I say more I want to state for the record that I plan to play RoZ 2.0 and play it seriously with an open mind, but these are just my opinions. The biggest turn offs for RoZ for me are 2 boxing, yes it is convenient but just kills the EQ aspect for me a bit maybe because im just not used to it, another turn off is that the expansions are too short and in my opinion just automatically puts a cap on how long the server is going to be relevant for. Another turn off is the custom content, I personally just don't think its needed. Barebones classic EQ red99 style is just what I like and what attracts me to the game, I think that things such as sim repops or variance or timer related things or fine but once you start adding zones, items, and mobs it really just kills the immersion. If you and Red99 combined I think you would bring to the table a better customer service equipped staff and the will and ability to bring changes faster rather than every 2 years via red99.
Didnt read this blob of crap but its probably a kid who wants other people to do stuff for him.