Thread: FTE Race Lines
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

*EDIT* apparently I did not see that llandris quietly updated the raid faq to include this list... however I see zero discussion or agreement from the different raiding guilds regarding this... Looks like this list was added on a whim without any real thought behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This seemed like something that should be general knowledge, so I wikified it:

http://wiki.project1999.com/FTE_Race_Lines

If there are any changes to these lines (or if I got the rules summary at the top wrong in any way) please feel free to correct it yourself; it's a wiki!
This list would be wonderfully ideal if it weren't for the fact some.of these zones have several legit zonelines.
Cobalt scar has two 2-way zonelines ( true zone lines ) and two 1-way zone lines. If a portal ring is considered a legit zonelines while being only a 1-way zone in, you must also consider the PoM 1-way zone in as a legit zoneline.

Now there could be an argument made for using the 1-way zone in prior to pop. I.e. should 1-way zones be treated like plane of fear where people must wait outside until pop?

However, both SS and SG zonelines are legit 2-way zonelines and in no way go against the fte rules as far as a starting line goes.

Sol B - this zone also has several legit 2-way zonelines, while most are not viable choices, the rear zoneline between sola and solb is in fact a legit zoneline as far as the fte rules state.

Without specific clarification and addition to our current fte rules there is little to no reason for someone to believe there is any difference between a given zoneline whether that be a port ring/spire, a 2-way zoneline, or a 1-way zoneline.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R this wiki page would be ideal if the zonelines were in fact clarified. However, they are not and this list is merely an unofficial interpretation of the facts without any real confirmation and merely serves to cause more confusing arguments between players.
Last edited by Puluin; 06-01-2019 at 02:02 PM..