View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleriand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious felt like it had to do with Norrath, and its denizens doing things. On Norrath. Killing Norrathian dragons and gods.

Tunare and Rallos Zek were added and their proxies vie for control of the Wakening Lands. The lifecycle of dragons is quite vividly fleshed out, from birth in the nests of the Western Wastes to death in the Dragon Necropolis, and beyond. Fervent worshipers of Brell Serilis still pray for his guidance in the strange frozen land they have come to call home.

Meanwhile, in GM events of the time, the Primordial Malice is attempting to resurrect Lanys T'vyl and reassemble Malevolence, one of Innoruuk's most powerful artifacts. This is so she can cause problems for Firiona Vie - the lady on the literal box of EQ. Innoruuk and Tunare's rivalry appears to be escalating, as evidenced by the corruption of the Lesser Faydark, all in all it appears to be coming to a head soon...

STOP! We're gonna kinda circle back to that, but before that we're going on a quick detour to the moon. So we can 'explain' why the gypsies sell nice (I guess?) weapons and what those things wizards port you to are by making an entire city out of them, but then not finishing it.

Only relevant deity now is Luclin, who we've never heard of and can't worship but who apparently has a bunch of followers who outclass dragons, demigods, and even the gods on their own planes? And... we can't even see her because you didn't finish it?

Nobody cares what race, class, or alignment you are. Except maybe Seru doesn't like dark elves or something? Other than that it may as well be an entire planetoid of agnostics, and every city a Crescent Reach... that isn't finished.

Very little has anything to do with anything from before. The places it connects with Norrathian lore are limited to Shissar from Kunark, Vah Shir from Odus, and Combine as just kind of a homogeneous smattering of everything else. None of that Combine stuff the Monk epic hinted at though! Oh and despite the focus on Combine and how great they are at teleportation and stuff, none of the teleportation spells take you to any structures like that on Luclin except the Nexus!

Meanwhile, on one of the globes in Skyfire Mountains, aspiring cartographers are able to see an island on the far side of the sea. What mysteries lay...

...oh its Taelosia I guess, and it has even less to do with anything than anything else, ever. Guess they pulled a Luclin on us! Again!

And where's that door in Shadowhaven library go?! Don't give me that line about the Netherbian Lair, all that extra crap in 2001 was grinding FPS to a halt in a practically mandatory zone for a throwaway hail about the biggest door we've ever seen going to the least interesting zone ever?

If I'm missing anything, please crack some eggs of Luclin lore knowledge on my head, but I really would have preferred all the effort that went into Luclin's unique and inexplicable creatures be directed at... Norrath, and Norrathian things.

Can I subscribed to your EQ Lore YouTube channel Mr. Interesting?