View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 11:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did somthing similar years ago but due to lack of interest I only did a few zones. The first zone I did was Ocean of Tears. I think I was the first person on twitch to steam the boat ride from Freeport to Butcher with working boat music.

I tried to revive what I was doing back in July 2020 but due to lack of interest moved onto other things.

You can find the post Here feel free to use the soundfont it's complete with the missing instruments.

Good luck with this, converting then editing the emt files can get laborious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I've seen several attempts at altering this over the years, all taking the same general approach (some files are lost to time).

It sounds like you took the same approach and filled in the missing instruments into the original synthusr.sf2. Sound quality is good. I'm actually happier with yours than where mine is at this stage.

But one thing that I've done this time around is start to really dig into the emt / eff files, figure out what some of the unknown values actually do, and discover some of the limitations of the emt filetype that the eff file doesn't have.

Currently working on a tool to edit the eff binaries directly, since they support about 4 more functions than the emt filetype does.

Feel free to chat me up in the discord about this.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 11-25-2022 at 12:14 PM..