View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a more general level, is there solid info on which religions are 'good' vs 'evil' vs 'neutral'? Or is that an oversimplification of a more nuanced faction web? I'm personally curious what Prexus qualifies as... but I digress.

It'd be cool to be able to type in a class, race, deity combo and see what faction doors open/close.
It's not so much there are neutral deities, just some that not many people dislike very strongly. I think brell and bristle are the closest things to being neutral, maybe sol ro too? Generally it's the religious folks you have to watch out for, the shamans, clerics, SKs, necros, paladins, druids. The non religious types tend not be terribly impacted by your religion choices.

It's probably something like 70% of the time you are KOS it was purely your race that did it, 20% of the time your god pushed them over the line into KOS territory, and assuming you survived the race and deity check the remaining 10% was your class.

A more important question(s) is really what factions are worth raising in the first place?
Secondarily, which factions are impossible or extremely hard to raise if you already start out KOS to them. Like in neriak I recall it's nearly impossible to raise faction with the king or queen without upsetting the other. So if you started out KOS to one of those it's going to be pretty tough if not impossible to get out of that faction hole.