View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

Default Wizard Quad Kiting Guide 12-52

Hi. Are you an individualist, not one of those group thinking ones? Well here is a leveling guide for Wizards in Everquest. This is the path for the smooth fellas who keep away from mob mentality:

The level to start can change, my wizard was tough from the start, smacking gnoll heads to lvl 10, then turn in their teeth to get to 12. He had a pair of Jboots from the get go. Levels in parantese are the Mobs lvl. Rule of thumb is usually to be 5 lvls above the mobs, atleast at beyond lvl 30.

Level 12: I did Pincer Beetles(L10-11) in North Karanas, then Borer Beetles(L14-16) (I had alot of mana so usually grabbed 8 or 12 or more and more pincers/borers) The Beatles are slow! River beach.

Level 20: the Scythe Beetles(L19) in North Karana are few and far between so not optimal, at that time I moved over to;
Crag spiders(L18-22) in East Karana, run to max distance then cast your quad as these spiders are alot faster then beetles. A breeze of the mind can happen at the cliff path.
River beach.

At lvl 20 You should get the Tflux staff. Also known as Staff of Temptation Flux. As youre quad kiting full speed, run(strafing saves time and can save ur life if ur cutting it short) and use Fluxorstaff to check if theyre out of casting reach, if so stop and start casting quad spell. Always use ur top notchest quad spell.

Level 25
: Skulking Brutes(L22-25) in Warsliks Woods, these guys are not social. Just round up four of these oafs and quad em down outside of the cave, just keep an eye out for the wandering giant.
Semi Beach in zone.
Woolly Mammoths(L22-25) in Everfrost, these guys are great if you play during non-prime-timè, you just gotta learn where they spawn to pull quickly. Tainted Mammon immediately spawns a Corrupted upon death so remember that. Sell tusks for 12p pr or something, but they weigh a ton and are GIANTS. Bind right next to the Barb Vendor. Cold as hell. No beach of course.

At level 29 you get bonds of force! Once snared quadding goes alot faster, get em snared, run alittle bit and cast ur pillar, run a few steps and refresh cooldown timer of pillar in slot 1 with a gobby earring, nuke , repeat. I like hitting all mobs with Flux staff first incase of resists on snare. Also btw i didnt use snare untill later on just because i liked quadding full speed. I play Erudite.

Level 30: Pirates(L24-30) and Drolvarg Savages(L26) in Firiona Vie, get 4 of one type. Great Spot to be at, cliffhangout with pals. Save the Canines! Most these drovags are actually toothless gimps with a hunch. Watch out for ADDS and butterflies trying to gangbang your quad. Kinda beach feeling, but ugly spider amalgamites running around tanning. Cliff is the boss.
Tesch Mas Gnolls(L27-30) in South Karana, easy quad outside Paw, loot scrolls and gate to South Qeynos for lots of exp, then port back to NK and run back, superb spot when not much people online! Chance to get a Quillmane flyby once inawhile too! Hurry before whoever spawns these shows up and nuke it dead! These outdoor mobs are all really FTE so watch out for poachers coming in for the gnolls. Folks are hungry for the scrolls so this was the most cuttroath of all lvl'ing spots. Luckily wizard's got the Fluor staff for the WIN. Gnolls can drop FS weapons. No beach. Ocean yes but thats not a beach.

Level 35: Drolvarg Growlers(L29-33) in Firiona Vie or Tundra Yetis(L30-35) in Dreadlands. Yetis are easy but the snowy landscape is boring to me, same goes for Snow Dervishes(L30) in Iceclad, close to ToFS, also barren snowland. I preferred the Growlers. Canines can be turned in 4 at the time to Captain Nealith at the Outpost for some respectable experience! I turned in all my teeth to this guy during hell-level and server exp bonus, kaching!

Level 40: Drolvarg Snarlers(L32-36) in Firiona Vie, but my favorite was Spectres(L36-37) in Oasis or OoT, good plat. Scythes sell for 12p. Specs can be a competative spot too, put your mouth to use, if not use the Fluxomatic. Oasis is just one long beach! Muaah!

Level 45: Bloodgills(L35-39) in Lake of Ill Omen, nothing beats these guys. Pull is easy enough to do. Enduring Breath can be nice to have but not a prerequisite. Levitation though is! Pull to closest shore. I was bound on the platform in the middle of the lake, quick access to bloodgills. There are 4 pairs of them on top of veksar, and four in the front(and sometimes the marauder inside) Loot here is abyssmal(well the plat is ok i guess), youll might see a harpoon of the depths now and then thats it. Beach O'hoy!

Finally a friggin new quad spell at lvl 51, now you can go to
Level 51+: Wyverns(L38-41) if u have no faction like me (dont pull Yvolcarn, he sees invis and is immune to runspeed changes) I just kite em down to the beach(with music on, its sweet down there) and quad em down infront of the othmirs, they love it. Finally some good loots too, badabing! Suprisingly good beach atmosphere. Just pop up and head right back to the beach. Oh yeah the small drakes are annoying dont bug them.

Good luck Wizard Girl or Boy! Stay true to your school!
Last edited by Muggens; 10-29-2018 at 05:09 AM..